Moving a raised bed.


Unfortunately or maybe fortunately we have been in the process of moving / looking for new housing for the last 3 or 4 months. I was hoping to have been in place in the new house before the spring really kicked off. That hasn't happened, but we are still optimistic that it will not be too late.

In preparation I have dug up the raised bed and planned to transport it dirt and all to the new house. This was actually much easier than I thought it would be. All I did was bag the dirt and pull up the structure. Hopefully our next house will have more space and we can increase the size of the raised bed. Last year we definitely didn't have enough space.

One side effect of growing in raised beds is that I now have cilantro growing all over my yard. From one plant of cilantro came dozens and dozens of little starts. Cutting the grass now gives off a lovely smell of chopped cilantro and it makes me think of margaritas and salsa. Bring on the warm weather!

Comments