New Garden Plot

Last year was an abysmal showing for everything except beans in our fenced in and raised bed garden next to the house.  So this year a little later than I should have I dug up some ground and put in a new fence next to the chicken coop.  It already had a waterline dug for drip irrigation and I had a lemon and peach tree in the ground.  So after a fairly rigorous day of digging and carting dirt I had three rows and some posts in the ground.

Then a trip to Tractor Supply and I had a fence up and a few starter tomatoes, peppers and a bunch of seeds in.

2 weeks later only 1 of the seeds had sprouted (1 of the melons) so I decided to supplement with more tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and squash and basil.  The only thing that remains is hooking up a water timer and running the drip lines.



Also here is a pic of the chickens new roost.  They now all want to be up there. Silly chickens. :)



Comments