A Beginner Outdoor Drip Hydroponics System [DIY]

Construction

Over the past weekend I stopped by a local gardening store and purchased a few items to build a drip hydroponics system.  This included the following items:
  • 5' Tray
  • Tubing and Fittings
  • Submersible Pump
  • Tote (Big Hardware Store Variety)
  • Timer
  • Drip nozzles
  • Coconut Husk and Perlite
  • Aeration Bags for planting
  • Nutrients
Putting it all together was fairly easy.  Getting it mostly level on my mound was challenging but once I had a platform to work on, all it took was piecing it together, mixing the medium and nutrients attached the tubes and nozzles and turning it all on.

Planting 

After 3 days everything has been running very smoothly and already the growth is noticeable. I pulled plants straight out of the soil, rinsed them thoroughly and stuck them right in the coconut medium.  I fully expected this to very shocking to their systems, and some wilting and struggling the first couple of days.  I am pleased to say that they had no ill effects.


So far I'm really happy with it.  But I still need to get some ph chemicals and I might get a TDS Meter to measure the concentration of the nutrients.

I plan on using 10ml micro, 10ml grow, 5 ml bloom for each 1 gallon for the duration of these plants.

I plan on posting images every week to show the growth.

Comments